• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 31, 2019

    Gadgets Google Pixel 4a Design Revealed Months Ahead Of Its Release

    Gadgets Google Pixel 4a Design Revealed Months Ahead Of Its Release


    Google Pixel 4a Design Revealed Months Ahead Of Its Release

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:49 AM PST

    Samsung May Fix Windows Search with their New Ultrabooks

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:30 PM PST

    Casemaker says Galaxy S20 Ultra will be Samsung's 6.9-inch flagship, no more 'e' phone

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:32 AM PST

    Decent budget phone

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:51 PM PST

    Any ideas on a phone that will work with straight talk under 100 that is actually decent just curious any help would be apprciated since im on a budget Verizon. Towers would help thanks a million

    submitted by /u/Perrlock
    [link] [comments]

    5G phone for $600

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:49 PM PST

    My battery bank is making a short circuit kind of noise. Will it explode?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:29 PM PST

    I have a 20,000 ma portable battery bank, the brand is Poweradd.

    When the device has power flowing out, it makes an audible sound. The sound varies, but it generally sounds like something that is short circuiting. The device is not hot and it continues to charge my tablet.

    I work in an operating room and I was hoping to use this device to charge my phone in my personal bag while im on the operating room, but now I feel nervous about doing such a thing. I have only had the item for a week. Interestingly, the sound comes and goes.

    Here is a link to the Amazon listing of the exact item.

    POWERADD EnergyCell 20000 Portable Charger, 20000mAh External Battery Pack with 2 USB Ports, Fast Charging Compatible for iPhone 11/11 pro/11 pro max Samsung Smartphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5623LX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sUMcEbVXN13Y6

    submitted by /u/SleepPrincess
    [link] [comments]

    Tablet Recommendations

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:35 AM PST

    Hi folks, just joined this subreddit today as I'd like to hear some opinions about tablet computers.

    I currently own an nVidia Shield K1 tablet, and it's been a brilliant device over the last 'nearly' 4yrs or so of constant use.

    However, the battery is now starting to show signs of ageing and it no longer holds it's charge as long as it used to... Just using it as a kindle device with screen brightness turned down can consume large amounts of battery life... and it's no longer able to last all day as it used to... I might get a few hours of light use out of it... I don't use it for games at all as I have a dedicated PC for that and don't enjoy mobile gaming on the move.

    I also bought one for my mum a few years ago as she needed a new tablet after her old one died and these were simply the best value/performing tablets on the market at the time... and most importantly, almost free from bloatware and no vendor overlays to contend with... Probably the closest you can come to vanilla android on a tablet without paying the extra for a google branded device. the few nvidia apps that are installed can either be removed or disabled with ease. She's enjoyed that tablet too, but unfortunately dropped it about 6 months ago and cracked the screen... it still works, but the crack now goes from one side to the other across the middle. I've put a screen protector on there to stop it getting any worse (the old screen protector broke when she dropped it) and fitted it into a new case that's got some extra padding around it... But I'd like to give her mine as it's in better condition overall and she doesn't really use a tablet much outside of home... and is either close to a charger or uses the power bank to top it off. So she can get still a full day light use out of it.

    So it's very important that any replacement is close to vanilla, gets regular updates is on at least android 9 or above and doesn't cost silly money here in the UK.

    I've looked around these last few days, tested a few in stores but haven't found anything that comes close to being as good as my K1. There are some that have more ram, faster CPU and more storage... but crappy overlays, or an old OS like android 7 still.

    When I last bought one around 4yrs ago... it was based of a recommendation of an old friend... and I'd never actually heard of the K1 at the time, it never came up in any searches and reviews I'd looked through for weeks before hand (I like to do my research before buying any new gadgets)... and I couldn't have been happier with the purchase... which at the time as only around £170 in the UK with the screen cover. I then added a 128GB mSD card for extra storage.

    So I have a strict set of requirements, and a list of preferences. I'm willing to compromise on the latter but would hate to compromise on any of the former... perhaps just one of them... definitely not 2... and the device would have to far exceed the others to convince me.

    In short.. I'm fussy and I want something as good as the K1 was when it came out... without costing much more.

    Budget wise, that means being in the £180-250 price range.

    So far I've looked at some Lenovo, Huawei, Samsung products and haven't been impressed with any of them... It's getting hard to find stores that have any on display to look at and I'm reluctant to purchase these kinds of things blind without seeing them at all in the flesh beforehand.

    So my needs are

    1. at least 8" screen, minimal bezels, good quality screen at least 1080p or more
    2. Good quality sound, preferably stereo, front firing speakers.
    3. Minimum of android 9, and security patches up to date.
    4. Minimum of 32GB storage, 3GB ram and it must have mSD expansion (last part is not negotiable)
    5. Ports... it needs to have a headphone jack and a HDMI out... it can be either USB type C or Micro B as my magnetic charging cables have both types of fittings and my power bank has both types of inputs/outputs too. I can be flexible on the hdmi out.
    6. Bluetooth 5, dual band wifi... I doubt I'll get anything with wifi 6 (ax) so at least 5ghz ac capable... everything else I own is on par and my home wifi now only uses 2.4ghz for guest access

    and for the wants

    1. Weight/Thickness of the device is flexible. Good battery life more important than weight saving.
    2. Regular updates... A brand that is known for pushing out proper updates and security patches (my K1 had 5 OS updates, more than anything outside of googles own devices).

    Does such a device exist, and is it within my budget... if not... what's the closest thing you know off?

    submitted by /u/A-nom-nom-nom-aly
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment