• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Gadgets Amazon sees Alexa devices more than double in just one year - At CES, the e-retailer boasts of hundreds of millions of voice-enabled devices.

    Gadgets Amazon sees Alexa devices more than double in just one year - At CES, the e-retailer boasts of hundreds of millions of voice-enabled devices.


    Amazon sees Alexa devices more than double in just one year - At CES, the e-retailer boasts of hundreds of millions of voice-enabled devices.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

    There Was a Real Transformer Toy at CES 2020

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:50 PM PST

    Looking for existing gadgets for this concept

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

    Hey guys.

    Visiting my family for holidays.

    So in the ocean across my parents house there is a nice reef. As a bit of fun I've been putting in a lobster trap from a Kayak then diving on it to retrieve lobsters.

    Recently we have had boats stealing the pots either overnight or early morning. I've had the Mavic mini quadcopter looking for the time it occurs but to no avail. Each pot is 250 USD approx, so it's a pretty expensive loss everytime it goes. So far just under 1000 usd lost for the season.

    I had an idea for an IP68 rated GPS tracker hidden inside the marker float, but apparently the floats get discarded by the thieves quickly as the markers legally have to carry identifying marks. The gadget would have to be submersed in say 8m of water on the trap itself I think.

    Anyone got ideas of something I can set up. Tracker, Sensor?

    Distance from reef to house: 1.5km or like 0.7 miles. So even if I could trigger a sensor on float or pot that set off an alarm I could fly the drone out within 2 minutes to get them.

    The fines are massive for tampering with other peoples pots. So they would be hit hard especially if I captured them on drone video. When I say heavy fines I mean like 5k USD plus.

    If anyone has ideas I would be down for something and post updates as it goes. At this rate they are being stolen on a daily basis in the area...

    submitted by /u/mjr1
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Schedule Alarm Clock

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:02 PM PST

    I work a strange second/third shift schedule and I need suggestions for a programmable alarm clock with multiple settings that I can set by day of the week. I used to use my cell phone for this, but at the moment the audio/speakers are broken and I won't be able to get a fix or replacement for quite a while. I'd like to get a real alarm clock for now.

    As an example, I need an alarm for noon on Sunday only, and for Monday-Thursday I need an alarm for 4pm.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/coldshadow31
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find a gadget that measures height/distance

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:58 PM PST

    Similar to the gun used for baseball that tracks speed, but this would measure height and distance. Digital please. Thanks in advance for the help.

    submitted by /u/audible_narrator
    [link] [comments]

    Need modem/router combo for elderly parent

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:53 PM PST

    Looking to find the most hassle free modem/router for my dad. His technical brilliance is likely to get him eaten by a grue. He has Comcast internet (IF they ever come install it!).

    submitted by /u/Crow-Rogue
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner PC?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:45 PM PST

    Hi, I am looking for a new PC and I am new to them. Preferably one with adequate gaming specs.

    submitted by /u/darkwraith285
    [link] [comments]

    Best 4k TV for gaming that's 40 - 46"

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:05 PM PST

    Anyone know a tv that has low input lag 4k hdr 40 to 50 inch preferably 1k or under and futureproof

    submitted by /u/mayorbangtty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment