• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    Gadgets /r/Gadgets 2020: Rule Changes and More!

    Gadgets /r/Gadgets 2020: Rule Changes and More!


    /r/Gadgets 2020: Rule Changes and More!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Happy New Year!

    We are starting the new year with a few changes at /r/Gadgets, and you may have noticed a few of them already! As of January 1, Self-Posts are now allowed and we are allowing more domains than ever!

    Over the next few weeks, you may also notice that our weekly advice threads will be transitioning into monthly threads. Additionally, we will be hosting a "Monthly Review" where we highlight some of the top posts, topics, and new gadgets of the month, all published during the final week of the month.

    We are excited to push more content than ever at /r/Gadgets, and have also increased our anti-spam measures. As our rules change, please continue to report or let us know of any concerns, and feel free to message us with any feedback!

    We look forward to a bright year!

    submitted by /u/kbgames360
    [link] [comments]

    Bosch's futuristic AI-powered LCD sun visor will end squinting.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:23 PM PST

    AMD's 64-core Threadripper will be available February 7th

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:01 PM PST

    CES 2020: Aura Smart Strap for Apple Watch to Launch in March

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:31 AM PST

    [CES 2020] A waltz for Ballie | Samsung

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

    Dell showed off an experimental dual-screen laptop at CES

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Samsung's 'The Wall' TV might be the biggest screen we've ever seen

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:57 PM PST

    A waltz for Ballie | Samsung

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:12 PM PST

    PS5 Controller Prototype Appear to Be Leaked by Cleaner | Digital Trends

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Does AAA Hold less capacity then AA?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:56 AM PST

    I have bought a new Brother Label printer and it uses 6 AAA Batteries, I'm kind of annoyed that they have designed it to use AAA, there is enough room in the plastic casing to hold AA.

    Can anyone think of a decent reason why someone would design something to use AAA if you can fit AA into the plastic housing of the device. This question then leads me into wondering does AAA Hold less capacity then AA, I assume so therefore the pessimist in me thinks that the battery companies lobby Brother and other manufacturers to build for AAA so Energizer and the like make more sales as we'll end up using more batteries.

    submitted by /u/redex93
    [link] [comments]

    Asus and Nvidia Announce First Consumer Ready 360Hz Monitor

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:26 AM PST

    Roku launches program to let third-party soundbars integrate with Roku TV

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

    CES 2020: Sony Unveils New 4K and 8K TVs with HomeKit and AirPlay 2 Support

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:51 AM PST

    Nikon D780 initial review

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Samsung Galaxy Chromebook packs 4K OLED display, 10th gen Core i5 for $999

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:09 AM PST

    Any experience with Rice Power Online?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:19 PM PST

    Hi, I am looking for this item, the GW46Galaxy Watch 46 It is 20%cheaper than on amazon Japan. I could order from Europe or the US but then I would just lose the warranty (or i would have to resend the item to the country I bought it from).

    Anyone ordered in this site before?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/fakiresky
    [link] [comments]

    Air Quality Monitor

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:59 PM PST

    Does anyone have experience with a handheld monitor for pollution that does at least a half decent job?

    submitted by /u/Michael_Kapp
    [link] [comments]

    Mophie looks to the car to expand its line of batteries

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:35 AM PST

    Google pixel 2 or 3a?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:48 PM PST

    So I switched phone providers and am in need of a new phone and have decided on a Google pixel. Now I don't have alot of money so I was going to get the 3a for $400 but my sister in law offered me her pixel 2 for only $200 she only used it for a few months and it's been off since so I'd assume it's in Great condition. I like the build of the 2 more it's sturdier better glass is water proof and has a better processor but the 3a obviously is newer and will get 3 more years of updates so what should I do?

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    Better smart home ecosystem Google or apple?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:27 PM PST

    So I'm excited to get into home automation this year and finally got my wife on board with the locks cameras assistants and so on, so now I just have to decide which ecosystem to base it around. After some research I've narrowed it down to Google's nest system or apples. Ive owned both android and apple and while I normally like apples build quality smoothness and life span more I don't like the cost that always comes with it.

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    CES 2020: Oral-B and Colgate Unveil New iPhone-Connected Smart Toothbrushes

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Greeting card plotters for custom cards

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:53 PM PST

    So, I'm having a critical Mandela Effect moment and I'm hoping some fellow gadgeteers can help me out.

    I got a Cricut for my wife for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun with it. I'm oddly more drawn to it as a tool for writing than cutting, but feel like it is woefully inadequate (due to software rather than hardware) in a lot of ways.

    This led to a discussion where I pointed out that years ago (I believe maybe the late 1990s), Target had machines that were basically plotters that printed custom greeting cards. You chose from a variety of designs and added some custom text, and then watched it and lot away your "unique" card. I feel like it was an American Greetings branded machine, but I could be wrong there.

    However, nobody else seems to remember such a thing existing, and I was unable to find anything via Google which really surprised me.

    Does anyone else remember this? Maybe have information on the machines that were used or, even better, a link to a picture of one or a video of one in action.

    I'm sick with the flu, but I can't imagine that flu-brain is enough to prevent me from Googling something that seems so simple.

    Please help, Reddit, you're my only hope.

    submitted by /u/xepherys
    [link] [comments]

    Best bluetooth tracker for wallet?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:59 PM PST

    Need a tracker as I've one too many times misplaced the wallet or most often just forget it when I drive, but not so much a problem with the phone. Need just a simple tracker to sync with my phone so my phone will alert when it's too far. Nothing fancy, just something simple like bluetooth only.

    I checked Tile, Orbit, Cube, etc. and if they aren't getting lots of bad recent reviews then ReviewMeta.com shows that their reviews are very padded. Nothing out there I've found so far doesn't look too promising but let me know if I missed anything.

    submitted by /u/virgnar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment