• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 21, 2020

    Gadgets Europe's ExoMars rover completes environmental tests ahead of launch

    Gadgets Europe's ExoMars rover completes environmental tests ahead of launch


    Europe's ExoMars rover completes environmental tests ahead of launch

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:48 PM PST

    Car surveillance?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 04:03 AM PST

    Unfortunately my car doesn't have an alarm and I have a feeling it is being messed with while I'm not around.. anyone know of any good ideas to keep an eye on the outside of my car? I'm mainly looking for something portable that I use at work and at home (since these coworkers of mine know where I live and are pretty car savy)

    submitted by /u/cherryxbomb420
    [link] [comments]

    Specific Requirements for a Surge Protector

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:22 PM PST

    I'm looking for a surge protector that I can use in my apartment. However, I have some specific requirements for it. Additionally, I don't really trust Amazon reviews any more, so I did not want to simply find their first best-seller that had these specs.

    • Right angle (flat) wall plug (Preferably rotating... pointing down is not an option)
    • 12ft long cord (Ok if it is a couple feet longer)
    • Can handle a TV, soundbar, chromecast, lamp and lightstrip plugged in
    • Durable cord and strip (will last multiple years)
    • Safe/trustworthy brand (I really do NOT want something that is known to burn, especially since it will be run behind a couch)

    Aside from running it behind a couch (along a wall), I plan on following all the typical best-practices for safety. Eg. No daisy chaining, one surge protector per outlet, no power intensive appliances hooked up to it, no moving the cord a lot.

    If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know! Price isn't really an issue if it means I'm buying a safe and reliable brand.

    submitted by /u/Makhram
    [link] [comments]

    /r/Gadgets Polaroid Giveaway Contest

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:48 AM PST

    Hey r/Gadgets!

    Polaroid has been kind enough to partner with us for a giveaway of their Polaroid OneStep 2 camera (link with more info) in your choice of red, blue, or coral. The winner will also receive two packs of i-type color film. Total prize value of $132

    The OneStep 2 is a new Polaroid camera that blends classic design with contemporary style. It's inspired by Polaroid's original OneStep, but updated to create a simple, easy-to-use instant camera that works straight out of the box. It's got a high quality lens and a powerful flash to give you great photos every time.

    In addition, Polaroid Originals just announced their New Year sale that runs until January 31st. Save up to 50% off the OneStep 2 cameras, special edition film, merch, and accessories. Sign up for their newsletter and take additional 10% off. Head to polaroidorig.com/new-year-sale.

    Link to Google Form

    Rules

    1. All entries will be through the Google Forms link
    2. One entry per person. Duplicate entries will be removed.
    3. Accounts must be 30 days old by January 20, 2020
    4. Sign-Ups will last ten days, ending January 31 at 12:00 UTC (6:00 PM MST, 8:00 PM ET)
    submitted by /u/_BindersFullOfWomen_
    [link] [comments]

    At Least One Google Pixel 4a Variant Will Reportedly Support 5G

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:52 PM PST

    Anyone know a cool gadget for printing photos?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:37 PM PST

    Anyone know a cool gadget for printing photos while on holiday? Maybe something you can slot your phone into or something?

    submitted by /u/TragicTheBlathering
    [link] [comments]

    Apple vs google hardware?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:07 PM PST

    So my phone died at the same time that I was looking for a work computer so I figured right now would be a fun time to try going all in on an ecosystem and was wondering who you guys thought was the better hardware if it was pinned against each other. So for phones I figured I'd go a little cheap and eakther go with the pixel 2 or iPhone 8 now pixel 2 is around 200 bucks while iPhone is about 450. For computers I do email, basic document creating and then YouTube and social media and would either get the pixelbook go or MacBook air. Apple clearly wins in watches but I would be getting either an apple watch or probably a fossil. TV obviously we have the Google home max vs homepod. I'm leaving out any specific items only made by one company like stadia or airpods and only looking at direct competitors.

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    USB to wall type I charger?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:18 AM PST

    Hello friends,

    So I'm from the USA, and will be studying abroad in NZ. I'm looking for a USB to power socket adapter so I can keep a phone charger in my bag, but all I'm finding on Amazon is typical travel adapters that have the US's wall plug.

    Anyone know where I can find one?

    submitted by /u/knockoffreesescup
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment