• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 30, 2020

    Gadgets I miss the "Gadgets and Gizmos" mindset

    Gadgets I miss the "Gadgets and Gizmos" mindset


    I miss the "Gadgets and Gizmos" mindset

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:22 PM PST

    Sad to see that this mindset has faded but does anyone remember the days of excitedly grabbing whatever new edition of Popular Science or Popular Mechanics was around and flipping to the "gadgets" section or the equivalent (these sections got renamed a few times over the years) and looking at all the new up and coming gadgets. These didn't even always have an electrical component and were sometimes very basic but they were ALWAYS intuitive and made you excited. I miss that wanderlust.

    This was one of my favorite childhood past-times and beloved memories

    submitted by /u/Drestruction
    [link] [comments]

    I Dumbed Down My Phone with Google's Envelope ... and Kind of Liked It

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:51 AM PST

    Roku is combining its soundbar and wireless speakers into a surround sound system

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:13 AM PST

    Dyson's new £500 Lightcycle Morph lamp will last for 60 years

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 01:32 AM PST

    Gaming Bluetooth Mouse (WITHOUT TOGGLE)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    Is there a gaming mouse that connects via bluetooth? I don't want a USB connected dongle that acts like a hub, just need old school bluetooth connection. Preferably gaming mouse.

    submitted by /u/Nickwahh
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to power a Qi wireless charger?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I've decided I'd like to get a wireless charger for my iPhone XS and Airpods Pro to charge (separately, no need to at the same time). I understand the model above supports up to 7.5W for iPhone.

    What type of AC adapter / power brick do I need to take advantage of this (and similar) chargers? From what I've read, I need a Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 wall adapter (9V/2A) for fast charge mode.

    I see QuickCharge 2.0 and 3.0 adapters going for $5 and for $30 on Amazon. What's required, what's a ripoff?

    What do I really need? Do I need a special cable as well?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Footfile
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for USB PWM/DC fan controller

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:11 PM PST

    I can't seem to find any USB powered fan controllers, the closest device is this Noctua na-fc1 PWM fan controller, but it isn't powered by USB, and i'm unsure if using a USB to SATA power adapter would work. The only other ones I can find are internal or have no way to control the speed (like the DIY solutions). I'd be fine with wiring my own, but I'm not sure what adjustable dial would work.

    Does anyone know any USB powered fan controllers, with either software or physical dials to adjust the speed?

    submitted by /u/Godstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras reviews with/without editing. What's the difference?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Most if not all the reviewers judge smartphone cameras based on their default settings and without applying the editing. How does this influence their reviews? For example: if I get a phone that has less overall quality for the default cameras but I can make up for those imperfect colors or white balancing with just an easy touch on a good app, does this mean that in practice there is no difference for most shots (compared to higher rated phones) or am I missing something?

    I hope this is the correct place to ask this, otherwise please tell me where should I post it thx

    submitted by /u/DDanray
    [link] [comments]

    Under-display camera could be star feature of next Nokia flagship

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Meet the First 8K TVs You Can Buy

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment